I took my first stats test today. After spending 2 hours on homework yesterday (which I got a 97% on) and 5 hours of studying for the test today (including taking a practice test which I did okay on and easily understood why I missed the ones I did), I proceeded to the testing center...leaving myself 2 hours to take the test (which the teacher recommended). I knew I was in trouble the minute I walked in the door. I have NEVER seen such an incredibly LONG line! That includes during finals week! It took me 30 minutes to get my test (they were hurrying to get us in). The whole time I was in line, I was trying to decide if it would be better to just wait and pay the $5 to take it Monday. In the end, I decided that I didn't want to wait because I would probably forget everything I had studied! So, I went in. After 30 minutes, I knew I made a mistake. I was so hurried that I didn't have the time I needed to think. It was awful! I rushed through my test and finished just as the testing center was closing...without time to look over what I did and just guessing on some so I had an answer.
My friend, Alicia, suggested getting a tutor, but I don't think that would help. I understand the concepts and I can explain them to my friend, Crystal, who is taking the class with me. I just stink at taking tests...especially math tests! As soon as I sit down, my brain freezes and I cannot remember anything I studied...and it is exponentially increased when under pressure (as I learned today).
So, I choose to blame BYU football for my bad grade (at least I passed) because if they would have played a game today instead of having a bye, I would have sailed into the testing center and had an extra 30 minutes! In the future, I'm not going to study so hard. I probably would have gotten the same grade with two hours (or no hours) of studying. Oh well.
I got to attend the RS General Broadcast tonight and, listening to President Uchtdorf, I felt better. I'm going to drown myself in chocolate and a good book and try again on Monday. :)
5 years ago

2 comments:
Grades are overrated. All you need to do is pass. I enjoyed the woman's broadcast too.
I was thinking about it after we talked last night and I guess there's always hope that your teacher will adjust the grades if everyone did bad.
Post a Comment