Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Who needs stats anyway?

I went to my first day of stats today and I think it's going to be a VERY LONG semester! I got a professor that likes to ramble and it takes him quite a while to get to the point. Oh well. I guess it could be worse, right? I was a little worried when I saw the page of formulas on the syllabus and was quite relieved when he informed us that the entire page would be stapled to the back of every test. That means all I have to know is which one to use and how to use it. Wish me luck!

Oh, and thanks to Lisa for the bookshelf idea I stole off her blog. Occasionally I have people ask me for good books to read. So, I only added some of my favorites to the shelf. If you want to see a list of more books I've read and my opinion, go to my Goodreads link.

2 comments:

John said...

I'll answer your question. No one! No one really need stats. I took it 7 years ago and haven't used it at all. Good luck.

Kristi said...

Sounds like Christensen! Stats is not as much hard as it is a LOT of boring info. Just don't let yourself get behind and spend 10 minutes each day reviewing/ skimming all the material from the previous chapters and you'll do great!

P.S. Your lab instructor is your new best friend!