Sunday, July 5, 2009

July 4th...Well celebrated!

I spent this July 4th with my sister, Charlene. It was so much fun to hang out with her all weekend. We started things off Thursday night going to the booths on Center Street and listening to the free entertainment. And, of course, we had to buy cotton candy! Friday, we got up early for the parade and then went to dinner at a friend's house. Then, it was time for the real celebration at the Stadium of Fire.

Now, I have to say that I was anti Stadium of Fire this year because I did not want to see the Jonas Brothers. That said, we got our tickets for $25, so we decided to suffer through them. We did get to see SheDaisy and some great fireworks. And, to be fair, the Jonas Brothers were not as bad as I was expecting.
There is something about the Stadium of Fire that really makes it feel like the 4th of July. I think a lot of it is hearing thousands of people say the Pledge of Allegiance and sing the national anthem in unison. It is truly amazing what people have sacrificed to give us the blessing of a free country. And, it's nice to have a special day...or weekend...to remember that.

No comments: