Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Food Storage Frenzy!

This morning, my sister (Charlene) and I went on an adventure to the cannery. I wasn't sure what to expect since I haven't been there before. I was happily surprised! Everyone was so nice and we got right to work and canned a TON of food! (At least it felt that way lifting it into the car.) In 3 hours, we got pretty much everything done that I needed. It went really quickly.

So, if you are in the mode of food storage, go to the cannery!
Thanks again, Charlene! :)

5 comments:

Jenna said...

I'm going to the cannery in March...not sure what (or how much!) I'm going to get, though...

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

Great Job!!! I need a Photoshop class bad. You are doing so great at it obviously. :)

Kerstin said...

That is awesome!

May I ask what you got at the cannery.

I have always been a little bit nervous to go....or the times available would be too trick....
but I need to get over that.

Lookie at us...all former Monticello folks!

:)

Lynette said...

In answer to Kerstin, we canned wheat, flour, sugar, spaghetti, milk, potato flakes, etc. I can't remember what we actually canned, but I bought everything on the list for a year supply for one person. They had some things that other people had canned extra that I bought (beans, carrots, apple slices, oats, macaroni). You can find the food storage chart at http://providentliving.org/content/display/0,11666,7977-1-4352-1,00.html.

Kerstin said...

Thank you so much!

That really helps me!

K!