Wednesday, February 11, 2009

$94 of Groceries for a Dime?

I have turned over a new leaf. I have never been a big coupon person...quite frankly, I don't really know what to do with them. Tonight, I went to enrichment where I heard an hour long lesson on coupons from the local Savvy Shopper. She has converted me and I am ready to sign up for the Sunday paper and start saving money!

I think that what really won me over is hearing of her shopping trip last week where she got $94 worth of groceries for a dime! Can you believe that? Then, I found out that she sends emails every Monday morning with all the good deals for stores in the area. And, on top of all that, you can create a shopping list from the email for every store that tells you what isle the item is on and what coupon to use. This is definitely my kind of couponing. :)

Even if you don't live in my area, the principles she taught would still work for you and the information is all on her website. If you are interested, here is the link
http://www.savvyshopperdeals.com/.

I also got another great tip from a different person.... You can go to
http://www.pgesaver.com/Sites/PG_eSAVER/Page/HomePage/ and register your Smith's card (or other Proctor & Gamble stores) and load coupons onto your card. When you scan your card at the store, it gives you the coupons you downloaded, and you can use other coupons on top of that. Crazy, huh?

I'm actually excited to start clipping coupons. This is a totally different mind set for me. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

2 comments:

Elicia said...

Speaking of coupon savings, check out this sister in my ward's post on her savings. http://miriamsmomentsandmemories.blogspot.com/2009/01/i-just-cant-help-myself.html CRAZY!!! I've started couponing and it can be a real pain, so I'm excited to check out the links you posted. Thanks for sharing and good luck!!!

Morty said...

wow! that's awesome! sign me up! :)