Sunday, January 25, 2009

My Favorite Things

As I was making rice Friday night (in my new, fabulous rice cooker) I told my roommate that it was my new favorite thing. The more I think about it, the more I believe that Oprah should not have a corner on favorite things. So, here are my "favorite things." Sorry, I can't afford to give them all to you for free.

Of course, I have to say that my very cute and most hilarious nieces and nephews are my absolute favorite. They make me laugh out loud! And, I love to hear new funny things they do.

Next, is my rice cooker. I have to tell you that I CANNOT and never have been able to cook rice without burning it...until now. I LOVE cooking rice now. You just scoop it in and add water, push the lever down, and violas...there is yummy, non-burned rice! It is truly amazing!!!

Photoshop has to make it on my list. I love that I can be creative and have clean up be as easy as turning off the computer! It is so great!

I tried to pick a favorite book, but it is an impossible feat. I am an acknowledged bibliophile. I love to read. So, I pick all books...or most anyway. (You can check out some favorites on my book shelf).

Where would I be without Pandora.com? It is the best thing since sliced bread! (Slight exageration, but it's still pretty cool.) I love that I can change stations with my mood. And, it's free to boot!

This is my new favorite Hallmark movie. My roommate, Sarah, and I watched it tonight and it was SO good! I thought it was great that I could answer Sarah's questions about Judaism because I studied it in my class last year. (Not that I'm a scholar or anything, but I knew enough to answer her questions and be able to relate to the movie.) I want to see it again.

Finally, I have to say that still, to this day, my favorite movie is Pride & Prejudice. There is just something about Colin Firth....

Anyway, I hope you have enjoyed my favorite things. I would love to hear some of yours. :)

4 comments:

Morty said...

I'm jealous you got to watch Loving Leah...my roommates over-ruled me for Ace of Cakes! (Which I guess is okay too...)

Elicia said...

I think you've convinced me that I need a rice cooker. I don't usually burn my rice, but it's either crunchy or mushy. So hooray for rice cookers and maybe I'll get one someday :)

Jenna said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my rice cooker! It was the best gift I ever got (and David thought of it...can you believe it!) I cook rice as much as I can just because I think it's the best to put it in that cooker! Ditto completely on your favorite things--rice cooker...everyone should have one!

Genevieve said...

I loved reading this. I have to say that Pride and Prejudice is my favorite movie of all time too. You are the one that introduced it to me. It took me almost 6 years of marriage before I talked my hubby into getting it for me. He hasn't sat through all of it yet, but I have a lifetime to get him to do so.