Thursday, December 23, 2010

Thanksgiving

This year, we went to Rebecca's for Thanksgiving because Andrew got baptized and Dallin was blessed.  It was so much fun to be there with them.  I forgot to take my camera (which I hate, but that is a different post).  So, I borrowed a picture...

One night, everybody was either gone or watching a movie and Makayla and I were playing in her room.  I had to think really hard to come up with something to play that she thought sounded like fun.  Then it came to me...  The Paper Bag Princess.  I love that story.  We built a cave with a sleeping bag at the end of her bed and she played Elizabeth and I was the dragon.  It was so funny.  She loved it so much that she took a bunch of grocery sacks and made costumes later by punching her feet through the bottom of the sack to make leg holes and then pulling the handles up over her shoulders.  It was so hillarious!  I sent her a copy of the book when I got back so she could remember how the story goes and recommended that her mom get her a paper bag so that she could have a real paper bag princess costume.  :)

Friday night, Rebecca, Charlene, and I took Andrew and Makayla to see the lights.  I am glad we got to go...although it was freezing cold!!


 
My sister found this cute idea online.  I made jars of "Turkey Toes" for the people I visit teach.  They turned out really cute.  She found another idea for round Christmas candies to be reindeer noses. 

No comments: