Thursday, December 23, 2010

So sad...

If you haven't already heard, last week the tabernacle burned down.  I was sitting near it waiting for a stop light a few days before the fire and was admiring how beautiful it was.  The day it burned, I drove by after work and could still see flames burning through the windows and big plumes of smoke were still billowing out of the top.

It is kind of shocking that something that has stood for 150 years can be gone in a few hours.  I love this building.  I've attended stake conference here, but I think the real reason I love it so much is because it is a beautiful old building.  As my friend, Corey, pointed out years ago, I love all things old and dead.


This painting was found in the tabernacle after the fire.  Isn't it amazing?


I hope they can restore it, but even if they can't, I will always remember it looking like this... 



No comments: