Thursday, December 23, 2010

Have I mentioned that I HATE MY CAMERA!!!

My advice in purchasing a camera is to NEVER buy Kodak!  A couple of years ago, I did all the research and decided that I would get a Kodak Easy Share.  At first, I really liked it, but over the past year, I have developed feelings of hate toward it.  I have never encountered anything that sucks up batteries so fast...except maybe my smoke detector. 

The final straw happened on Tuesday.  I tried to take a picture of the snow, but the batteries were dead so I had to replace them.  I took three pictures and downloaded them to my computer.  Then, decided I wanted a picture of the mountains because they looked so pretty.  My camera wouldn't turn on and, you guessed it, the batteries were ALREADY DEAD!  Luckily, Deanna happened across a great sale at Walmart and so my impulse buy is a Cannon Elph 1300.  I'm so excited to try it out on Christmas day!  :)

Here is the picture of the mountains the day I was snowed in.  That was crazy!  I haven't been snowed in since I moved from Idaho.  We got over a foot of snow and it wasn't melting.  Nobody was leaving my complex and school was canceled.  I tried to get out and go to work around noon, but turned around at the first shoveled driveway and went back.  The road looked like a wagon trail with two tire tracks for as far as I could see...too scary to try in my little car.  Luckily, it stopped snowing around 1:30 and by the next morning, the snow was gone off the roads.  Gotta love that!

No comments: