Friday, February 12, 2010

Christmas

Christmas was so much fun! Although not everyone was there, we had a pretty fun, calm Christmas Eve. Mom, Dad, Charlene, Brent, Paige, and I were the only ones there. We read the Christmas Story and sang Christmas songs. Christmas morning, Janet called to say that Jared was sick and so we had a calm Christmas too and just spent the day watching Christmas movies. This year, Mom and Dad made some amazing homemade Christmas gifts. Mom made snuggies for me, Charlene, and the older grandkids. And, Mom and Dad both made rocking horses for the young kids. They are so amazing, I had to share pictures.



This year, Charlene and I planned our holiday at the same time so that we could go home and veg for a week at Mom & Dad's. Unfortunately, we didn't coordinate it with Mom. They made plans to go to Rebecca's to help them build a bedroom for Andrew. So, we spent a few days with the parents and then they left. We stayed at their house for a couple of days after they left and then we started home...the very long way.

We spent the first night at Janet's house and had a ton of fun with them. Their kids had challenged me to a game of Greed and they had been practicing since Thanksgiving so that they could beat me. :) So, we played the game after dinner. Sadly, I did get dethroned, but it was by Charlene. My nephew, Brandon, declared, "Well, at least Aunt Lynette didn't win!" What did I ever do to him? ;o)

The next afternoon, we headed to Deanna's house and spent a night with them. Megan and Abby taught us how to play the Wii. We played Mario Brothers and that was fun. After a while, I started to remember the tricks to it. Then, we played tennis. The best was the boxing. Charlene and I boxed each other and it was pretty funny. I knocked her senseless and beat her twice! ♫ I am the champion, my friends! ♪

The next day, Charlene and I went shopping and had lunch with Deanna and Abby and then headed home. We decided to stay in for New Year's. After all our travels, we were a bit tired. So, we watched a movie and ate junk food at my house. We were kind of glad we did at midnight because that is when all the craziness began and it was pretty fun to watch. First, the neighbors across the tracks started a fireworks show with illegal fireworks...the kind that actually explode in the air. They had a good show going. And, then the Provo fireworks started. We could see them over the trees when we were standing on the balcony. Then, some teenage boys from my ward who live on the next street over started banging pots and then started running around the neighborhood screaming "Happy New Year!" It wasn't until all 5 of them ran past our street that we realized they didn't have shirts on. Then, two white jeep things drove around the neighborhood for at least 10 minutes honking their horns and screaming "Happy New Year!" through the window. All of this was going on at the same time along with both sets of fireworks. And, the cars even did a lap around our condo building. We just stood on the balcony laughing at all the craziness! It was pretty entertaining. :)

No comments: