Sunday, July 17, 2011

Catch Up

I realize that my life is not ALL that exciting, but I have done a few things since last I posted about my life.  :)  So, here is a VERY long catch up...

I think that the most fun thing this summer was Girl's Weekend.  My mom and all my sisters (including sis-in-law) came for a weekend and we had tons of fun.  It was filled with shopping at Hobby Lobby, IKEA, and Tai Pan; loads of talking; junk food; and a late night movie.  It was like a giant slumber party and I loved spending time with them.  We didn't really take any pictures because we were having so much fun and didn't take time, but I really wish I had one of Deanna walking around wearing her giant picture frame at Hobby Lobby. 

During the incredibly RAINY season, I had an experience that changed me slightly...at least where photos are concerned.  I was driving home from work one night and saw the most BEAUTIFUL rainbow ever!  It was framed by the mountains and it was a full double rainbow where I could see both ends.  I have never seen and most likely will never see again such an amazing thing.  I raced home to get my camera and snag a photo of it.  I literally ran up all my stairs and got back down the street in record time.  Unfortunately, not in time to get a picture.  So, I'll just have to keep it in my memory.  This experience taught me a lesson and now my camera is in my purse at all times, ready to catch the next one.  Here are some random pics that I took in the meantime...

In May, I went up to Idaho to visit. Janet, Jared, and kids came up to visit since Charlene and I were home. It was fun to hang out with them.


Walking across campus one day, I noticed this tree.  I looked a little weird standing on the sidewalk taking this picture, but I just had to.  I mean, how often do you see a tree that suddenly decides to start growing sideways?  Weird.


Walking into work one morning, this is what greeted me.  I really love the ducks, but they haven't been around this year as much as they have in the past.  I have had to wait on the road more than one time for the ducks to waddle across in past years.  I miss them.


The sky tonight.  I love beautiful sunsets, but it makes me wonder how much gunk I'm breathing in.


K.  Off of random pics and onto the one summer project that is almost done.  I really need to get in gear on the others.  I tried to find a frame big enough for my dining room wall, but couldn't find what I wanted, so I built one.  It was kind of fun.  All that's left is hanging it on the wall and finding something to hang in front of it.  I'm thinking a wreath?  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.  :)

I started with this....


How it is hooked together....


Creative painting...  If you don't have a yard to paint in, you have to adjust.  Dollar Store plastic tablecloths make great drop cloths.  And, soup cans are great to get your project off the ground...literally.  It worked like magic. 

Also, did you know that you can take an object to Lowe's and they can put it under a scanner and give you an exact paint color to match the object?  Amazing!  So, my frame color matches the other greens in my kitchen.


Then I distressed it by painting walnut stain over the top and rubbing it off quick. 


Here is the finished project.  Stretching the chicken wire was pretty crazy.  I stapled it to the back and it put up quite a fight.  But, in the end, it went almost exactly where I wanted it to go.  Now, it just needs to get hung.


This summer, I also went to a couple of concerts.  My friend, Ginger, and I went to see Mark Wills and Mark Chesnut at the SCERA.  That is where I decided that with country music, it always seems that the opening act is better.  Crazy, but true. 


Then, for the 4th of July, Charlene and I went to Stadium of Fire.  It was fun, but we both agreed that we liked last year better.  David Archuleta had an amazing voice, but Brad Paisley, I hate to say, sounds better on the radio. 




That is about all I have to share.  Stay tuned and I'll try to update more often.  :)

2 comments:

Julie and Mike Wood said...

I love Brad Paisley...seen him in concert 3 times I think! Cool that he was at stadium of fire! I miss those Utah events...stadium of fire, parades down University Ave. sunsets. and your frame turned out amazing!

Janet said...

You're right, it's crazy that the tree just started growing crooked. You could use that picture for an object lesson sometime. Sounds like your having a fun summer. :)