This weekend, I FINALLY got to see Tangled. Such a cute movie! I taught Relief Society a couple of weeks ago and the topic was having a relationship with God. I found a great article by President Uchtdorf and it talks about having a relationship with yourself also. So, in the spirit of having that relationship, I took myself on a date. It was so much fun! (And, very well deserved after the last two weeks.) I went to Red Robin by myself and got great service because my waiter had to walk past my tiny table every time he got drinks. I took a book and read while I waited for my food. Then, I went by myself to the movie and it was so fun. The little girls around me had obviously seen it before, but it was so fun to hear them get so excited. And, finally, I went shopping and found four pairs of pants that fit!! It was such a fun day. I haven't ever been brave enough to go to a sit down restaurant or a movie by myself and it turned out to not be quite as scary as I thought it would be.
If you are interested in the talk, you can read it here. It is a good one!
Here is a snippet...
It may seem odd to think of having a relationship with ourselves, but we do. Some people can’t get along with themselves. They criticize and belittle themselves all day long until they begin to hate themselves. May I suggest that you reduce the rush and take a little extra time to get to know yourself better. Walk in nature, watch a sunrise, enjoy God’s creations, ponder the truths of the restored gospel, and find out what they mean for you personally. Learn to see yourself as Heavenly Father sees you—as His precious daughter or son with divine potential.
5 years ago

3 comments:
Glad you had a fun date! Isn't that movie the best EVER? Makayla loved it and walks around the house talking about her golden hair and saying (all mean like), "You will never leave this tower. EVER!" We also listen to the sound track a bunch. LOVE the music.
I think that is AWESOME!!!! I don't think there's a rule about a married person going on a date by themselves...it sounds really fun...I might have to try it...soon!!!
I really needed this today, thanks so so so much for posting this! We love that movie too. So cute!!
Post a Comment