On days like today, I wish I had a husband. Days when you walk outside all set for the day and thinking of all the stuff you need to do and that's when you spot it.... A flat tire! I hate dealing with car stuff anyway, but when it's a tire, that is about as bad as you can get. I know how to change a tire...my dad took me outside one day and made sure I did. The problem is that I am not strong enough to do it! So, my knowledge doesn't help much. I tried my hometeacher, but it went to phone mail. I couldn't even borrow someone else's husband.
Luckily, I was smart enough to buy an air pump a couple of years ago at Target. It is one of the best purchases I have ever made! It plugs into the lighter and then all you have to do is flip the switch and you have air! I pumped the tire up to 30 pounds of pressure and said a prayer it would last until I got to Big-O. I managed to get there okay and it is all patched up now. And, they did it for free! (I seriously need to reconsider my feelings about Big-O...at least the one in my new neighborhood.) They said that I had a "big old nail" in the tire.
So, the end of the story is that I have a functioning car again and hope that it lasts. You know what they say, "You get what you pay for." Here's hoping that doesn't apply to tire patches! :)
5 years ago

1 comment:
Sorry you had a flat! But Ya, I have to tell you,husbands aren't always helpful when it comes to flat tires. Last time I had one it was at Target and I, of course, had the car seats with me. Wes got the neighbor girl to watch the kids and came over but then proceeded to stand there and tell me how to do it so I could "learn". What was funny was when his coworker pulled up and got out of his car and saw Wes standing there watching while I was putting my tire on. He asked me what I would do if he was gone and I had a flat. I told him I would call our roadside emergency people. You should add that to your insurance. It's saved us a time or two.
Post a Comment