Thursday, August 20, 2009

My New Favorite Things

I have to say that my absolute favorite thing this summer is Tai Pan Trading Co. My friend, Jen, and I finally went to IKEA because we wanted to check it out after all the hype it gets. Neither of us were very impressed. However, we also went to Tai Pan and I loved that store! I had been there before, but not while I was in the mode of decorating. With the help of Jen, I got the cutest stuff for my kitchen and living room.



I found a goldmine at my friend's yard sale this summer! I got one of my new favorite things for free when I ended up taking a box of Five Mile Creek movies for my dad. Before I gave them to Dad, I decided to check out the first show and see if they were as good as I remembered from my childhood. I fell in love with that show all over again...along with Con Maddigan. :) Who doesn't love a handsome, sensitive cowboy in rugged Australia?

By the way, did you know that Nicole Kidman made her acting debut on Five Mile Creek? I forgot about that until she showed up.


Another thing I fell in love with this summer is my incredibly comfortable pink chair. It was the best impulse purchase I have ever made! I found it on one of my many explorations of Bed, Bath, and Beyond. If you are in the market for a comfy chair, I highly recommend this one!
I love Bones! It is my new favorite show! I didn't discover it until last season when I came across it and remembered that a friend told me how good it was. It didn't take long to get hooked. This summer, I rented the first season and watched it. Now, I need to watch seasons 2 and 3. I took this quiz and found out that I am Booth. Not a big suprise...especially considering the other options. :)


Now, to go along with all the shows I watched this summer, I found another favorite. My former roommate, Sarah, introduced it to me. And, although it isn't the same without her, I have to say that I LOVE her peach cobbler recipe. I scoured the internet to find the recipe because she couldn't find it. It is really easy...which is another reason to love it! Of course, I half it.


PEACH COBBLER

1 big can of quartered peaches (or 2 small cans)
1 stick of butter
1 box of white cake mix

*******************
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray. Open can(s) of peaches and pour into bottom of pan (juice and all). Evenly spread peaches. Pour cake mix on top of peaches. Spread evenly and break up big pieces. Cut butter into slices (14-16) and place evenly on top of cake mix. Cook for 1 hour until brown.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the photo tree, it's so cool!! I need to decorate my house....well, maybe once I have it clean I can worry about decorating it. :)

Morty said...

I forgot to look at the bird when I was there! :( I'll have to come back and visit! :)