Friday, June 19, 2009

Inspiration

It's funny where you come across great thoughts. As I was packing the last of my junk (I am down to the odds & ends and the actual junk), I came across the following quotes. They were in a basket with some other things that brought back great memories and a partial roll of quarters left over from the days I used coin operated washers and dryers. Crazy how small things can take you back years! Anyway, these three quotes grabbed my attention, so here they are...

Love -

If God sends you a knight on a white horse, just jump in the saddle with him and hold on. Because if you stand there trying to convince him that he shouldn't rescue you--that you don't deserve his love--you could both get devoured by dragons.

A Christmas Melody, Anita Stansfield

Light -

A CANDLE
is but a simple thing
it starts with just a bit
of string. But
dipped & dipped with
patient hand. It gathers
wax upon the strand
until complete & snowy
white. It gives at last
a lovely light. LIFE
seems so like that
bit of string. Each deed
we do a simple thing.
Yet day by day if on
life's strand we work
with patient heart &
hand. It gathers joy
makes dark days
bright. And gives at
last such a lovely
LIGHT.

Perseverance -

According to the theory of aerodynamics, as may be readily demonstrated through wind tunnel experiments, the bumblebee is unable to fly. This is because the size, weight, and shape of its body - in relation to total wingspan - make flying impossible. But the bumblebee, ignorant of these scientific truths, goes ahead and flies anyway!

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Thanks, I've had such a crummy week that those quotes gave me a smile!