Sunday, April 19, 2009

To Sleep or Not to Sleep

The definition of sleep is “A natural periodic state of rest for the mind and body, in which the eyes usually close and consciousness is completely or partially lost, so that there is a decrease in bodily movement and responsiveness to external stimuli.”


Lately, sleep has not been natural for me. Not only am I not in a state of rest, but I am all too aware of external stimuli! Namely, the moon and my downstairs neighbors. I cannot tell you how many times the moon has woken me up! It feels like someone is shining a flashlight in my eyes. Then, of course, there are the downstairs neighbors, who I swear are vampires. (They are awake all night, and there is never any trash in their garbage can.)

Imagine my excitement when my friend, Amie, told me about these amazing pillows she bought at Costco. Not only is she sleeping better, but her brother (who has never slept through the night) actually slept all night! So, I went to Costco and bought some. So far, things seem to be going well. The only problem I have is that my pillows slip out from under my head occasionally. However, I am not wide awake pacing the floor…so that is a definite improvement.

If you are interested in these amazing pillows, you can find them at Costco for $10 for a set of standard/queen, or $13 for a set of king size. They are Sealy Posturepedic Supreme Loft.


Since writing the above...

Sadly, I learned last night that not even my fabulous new pillows can save me from being awoken at 2:35 am by the loud laughter coming from downstairs. However, after a few minutes of laying there wide awake, they were able to lull me back to sleep.

4 comments:

Elicia said...

Tell me more about these pillows. Are they soft or firm? Do you mean you get two pillows in a set? What do you like about them? I don't sleep well at all!!!

Lynette said...

I love them because they are fluffy and when I stack two of them and lay on my side, they are the perfect level. They are about medium I think...you know you have a pillow and it isn't a rock. You get two pillows in a set and the set costs $10 or $13 depending on the size. They have a down version too, but those are not the ones I am talking about.

Amie Jane Leavitt said...

Lynette!! I just read your post and I'm so happy that you loved the pillows! :) Yay! You've just turned into a pillow salesperson too, just so you know! I LOVE SEALY POSTUREPEDIC!! :)

Kristi said...

Ear plugs. Well worth it- that's all I can say. We have some new neighbors behind us who seem to very much enjoy tiling their house. They enjoy it so much I get to hear the saw after all sane people have gone to sleep. Thanks to my ear plugs, I have rejoined the world of the sleeping. I think they were a couple dollars for a pack in the pharmacy section at Walmart.