Saturday, October 11, 2008

It's a sweatshirt and warm socks kind of day...

I cannot believe how fast the weather turned. I woke up this morning very thankful that I remembered to turn on the heater! My feet haven't been really warm all day and I have very thick socks on. Funny thought...in the spring when it's in the 40's, I'm going to think it is so warm! Anyway, I thought that today deserved a soup recipe. It is by far one of the best soups I've ever eaten. I got the recipe from a former roommate, Erin, which is why I call it Erin's Potato Soup. Enjoy!

(p.s. When you shop for the ingredients, don't forget the ham and cheese...they are kind of hidden in the directions.)

Erin's Potato Soup

4 cups diced potatoes
1 cup grated carrots
1 cup diced celery
1/2 cup diced onion

Boil 10 minutes in 3 cups water.

Cream sauce:
1/2 cup margarine
1/2 cup flour
1 quart milk
2 tsp salt
pepper to taste

Add cream sauce to undrained vegetables. Add 1 pound grated cheese and 2 cups chopped, cooked ham.

Yum! :)

2 comments:

Kayleen said...

oOOO I LOVE soup! By the way, your costumes of the past are smokin! I can't wait to see this years ensemble!

Rebecca said...

That does sound good. We'll have to try it out. Yummm.....