Friday, January 13, 2012

New Callings

I can only remember 3 callings in my life (since I left high school) that were not in Relief Society.  I think I have had every single calling you can have in that organization at least once (except for music) and in several cases twice.  So, imagine my surprise when they called me to be the Scout Committee Chair in my new ward (I have lived in my condo for 2 1/2 years and this is my third ward).  Scouting is an interesting beast.  I still don't think I completely understand it all...not so surprising when you realize that my only brother was 7 when I left home.  I went to my first round table last night and I think I'm ready to start moving on this thing.  Now, if I could just get the Scout Master to give me a plan....

In addition to scouting, I entered the grand world of Primary last Sunday as a CTR5 teacher.  My co-teacher and I have a great class with lots of fun little personalities.  I think it's going to be tons of fun in there. 

4 comments:

Kerstin said...

Oh Lynette, we need to talk!!!! I was (ward just got split so I don't know if they will put me back in) a den leader. Cub Scouts is SO MUCH FUN-- and I hope they put me back in. If you want any advice, let me know. I contacted a relative that has been in cub scouts FOREVER-- and she gave me a lot of her stuff she could send to me. A lot of great ideas. She said the #1 thing she would recommend is to get the computer program "Pack Master" to organize everything. She said make sure it is included in the scout budget.

Hope you love scouts as much as I have-- lucky girl!!!

Deanna said...

The scouts and CTR5's are lucky people. My kids would LOVE you to be their teacher.

Lynette said...

I'm actually not with Cub Scouts. I'm the committee chair for the young men. Crazy, huh! I have to do board of reviews, Eagle courts of honor, and camping trips.

Lynette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.