Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Southwest Chicken Burritos

Okay, I found this recipe on my cousin's blog (thanks for sharing, JoAnn!) and love it so much that I have to pass it on.  It is SO easy to make and really yummy!  I make a huge batch and then freeze half of it for later. 

4-6 frozen chicken breasts (I use 6 large Costco chicken breasts)
2 Cups salsa (Medium gives a little more spice)
1 Can black beans, rinsed/drained
1 Can olives, drained (diced or sliced)
1 Cup frozen corn OR 1 can of corn, drained
1 Package cream cheese
1 Can green chilies (optional - but I add them)

Place frozen chicken on bottom of crock-pot. Then add remaining ingredients, except the cream cheese , and cook on low for 6-8 hours (or on high for 4 hrs). 20 minutes before serving shred the chicken then stir in the cream cheese. Fill tortillas and top with cheddar cheese and any other favorite burrito toppings.

 Tip 1: You can eat this with chips too and it is yummy!

Tip 2: I use a ladle and take out all the excess water before I add the cream cheese.  I don't like it runny. 
 
Last night, I won the Our Best Bites cookbook at Bunco.  YAY!  It has inspired me to make some of the yumminess I saw on the pages of that book.  If I find something truly divine, I'll share.  :)  In the meantime, you can check out their blog at http://www.ourbestbites.com/.

2 comments:

Elicia said...

I bought one of their cookbooks not too long ago and am excited to try so many of the yumminess in it's pages!! I made the chicken and spinach stromboli which was really good the first day but not my favorite as leftovers...maybe I just need to find a better way to re-heat it.

Rebecca said...

yum! That sounds good.