Saturday was a pretty crazy day! It started off with a funeral luncheon, then moved to digging carrot sized roots out of a garden (it looks great now). Then my sister, Rebecca, and her two kids came to spend the afternoon and stay for the night. Since Makayla thought my house wasn't too much fun because she always has to go to bed right when she gets here, I was determined to change her mind.
We started out with the crazy animals on the corner. Every time I drive by, I want to stop and get a better look. The kids just gave me an excuse. :)
You gotta love the llamas! ...Especially the funky, shaved one! :) And, doesn't the white one look like it's winking at you?
...Slightly disturbing.
...Slightly disturbing.
The baby swans were so cute!
Most of the animals were easy to identify, but these hairy beasts stumped us. We had votes for yaks, oxen (Andrew's vote), and hairy cows. Thank goodness for Google. The verdict is in...they are hairy cows. Makayla loved feeding them and it was hard to get her to leave...she thought they were hungry.
After the animals, we spent time at the park letting the kids play on the toys. After dinner, we decorated a bunny house. It was a lot of fun!
I am pretty sure that Makayla has changed her mind about coming to my house. I heard through the grapevine that she really wants to come back. :)











1 comment:
Makayla DOES think your house is fun now and she does want to come back.
I am still laughing at your picture/caption of the winking lama. So funny.
Post a Comment