Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Life's "Breaks"

Since I moved into my condo a couple of months ago, my luck has taken a drastic down turn! I don't know what the deal is, but I am WAY past 3 bad things happening!!! Here is a list of what has happened....

Plumbing problems - From the minute I moved in, I have had tapping in the walls every time I turn on the hot water. It is so annoying! The kitchen especially annoyed me, but the plumber kept saying that it couldn't be fixed. After much discussion, they finally cut a hole in the wall and then declared that it couldn't be fixed. So, my builder patched up the hole. After another week, I could not take it anymore! I was complaining about it at Bunco and Connie told me about a plumber she uses who can fix anything. So, I called him just to get his take on the situation. Short story, my builder called him and he ended up coming to fix the problem. YAY!!! Now, I can wash dishes in peace. Today a fix it guy came to repatch the much larger hole the 2nd plumber made and so now I just need it painted.

Thermostat - A couple weeks after I moved in, my thermostat broke. Of course, it happened on Sunday and so I had to suffer through 2 days of 86 degrees in my condo before they were able to come fix it! I had that week off work and in that week, I spent one day waiting for the air conditioner guy and two days waiting for the plumber. Some week off, huh?

Cupboard hinge - The next week, the hinge on the bathroom cupboard in the guest bathroom broke. The builder came and fixed it and now it's good as new.

Car CD Player - I was driving to visit family for July 24 when my CD player broke! I was so sad because the radio was LAME! On the way home, my sister and I listened to the music on our cell phones. I'm glad that we actually had a reason to use that feature. :)

Credit Card - I got a call from my bank saying that I had fraudulent activity on my credit card. I confirmed that I hadn't spend $1.35 at Stephen's Construction and so they canceled my card and sent a new one. Luckily, that happened after I bought my condo!

Car problems - I took my car to the shop because it feels like it is sliding when I turn corners or go over a big bump. It makes me nervous because I don't feel in control. They told me that there isn't anything wrong with it, but I still have my doubts. I do wonder if it is the fact that both of the belts are new and it's just easier to turn? Hmmm.....

Rear view mirror - I was driving down the road on Monday when my rear view mirror just fell on the floor! I have to admit that it scared me a little when I saw it fall and heard the thunk. $5 later, the windshield guys had it glued back on. I had to wait until Tuesday because of the holiday and never really appreciated that mirror until I didn't have it. How can people drive around without it? That truly baffles me.

I'm sure I've probably forgotten something. It seems like every day there is a new "break." Hopefully, things start settling down a little!! Lucky for me, it hasn't been anything really serious. That is something to be thankful for.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I'm glad that most of them were inexpensive to fix too! And I'm really glad you got the plumbing fixed! Now if they would only move the train tracks you could have peace!

Briana said...

I am so sorry!! Hopefully everything is fine now. It was so great seeing you. You look awesome and I miss you tons!!

Kristi said...

Your decorations are beautiful,I want to come make those fabulous ornaments with you, and I'm so sorry about all the craziness with your house and car.

I can't wait to come see your condo in person. I miss you.

Holly said...

Lynette,

We just moved back to Idaho Falls, and the story sounds the same. I think we've had an ongoing list since we moved in!!! YEAH!! not... I've even started wondering if we were suppose to move or not!! But, that's not how it works. Things don't always work out perfectly, at least they don't appear to be doing so!! In a way it's comforting to know I'm not the only one who's had a good time!! :) Ha-ha!! Hope everything is going much better now!! Hang in there!!