Thursday, March 15, 2012

Some things I learned...

This week was the OPAC Conference at BYU.  It is basically a mini Education Week for the office professionals.  I really loved this year's conference...more than in years past.  This week I learned...
  • To create an atmosphere where miracles can occur.  (Chad Lewis)
  • That we can learn a lot from Noah (and the ark) and that I need to get a 72 hour kit.  (David Peterson)
  • To find peace in Christ and not condemn yourself.  Also, that God equips the called.  (Randy Bott)
  • That SWAT teams are like Boy Scouts with guns.  (Mike McPheters - wrote Agent Bishop)
  • That the key to financial peace is Gratitude, that we will have to give an accounting of where we spend our time and money, and that finances are a reflection of our choices in life.  (Jeffrey Wilks)
  • Emotions are something we decide.  (John Livingstone)
We watched this video in the class about "Living in Financial Peace."  It is amazing and makes it MUCH easier to have gratitude when dealing with financial issues.  I realized I have it pretty good.

The Miniature Earth
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI_YO8eJrxQ&feature=related

Also, if you need help with your finances, they gave us the following web site.  It also has FHE lessons that you can use to teach your kids about finances.

http://personalfinance.byu.edu

No comments: