Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Merry Christmas to Me!

I got the best deal today! And, best of all, it was for something I was already planning to buy!! Here's the story.... Next month I celebrate 15 years working for BYU. To thank me for all my hard work, they are giving me a $75 gift card to the bookstore. I was trying to think of something I could buy that would mean something. Then, I thought of the perfect thing...the Willow Tree Nativity! I have wanted that nativity for years and I thought now was the time. I knew that I would have to pay more and so I thought that I would just get the major pieces and then add to it each year. Now, for the great deal.... Today, the bookstore had it's early Christmas sale and everything in the store was 20% off--no big deal really since they have 20% off sales every semester--but today they added another 20% off for all nativities. So, I bought all of the pieces, except for the wooden creche, and saved $65. Not too shabby, huh? I am a happy girl! :)

4 comments:

John said...

Not too shabby at all. I love the willow tree nativity and hope to also be the proud owner one day.

Unknown said...

I'm so jealous! I have loved that nativity for so long, but have never been able to afford it (especially with buying 3 or 4 other ones each year). My collection is getting out of hand! Congratulations on such a great deal!

Phillip and Lisa Hill said...

I'm so happy for you. And jealous too. Those nativities are so pretty. Maybe someday. I miss those BYU 20 percent off days. Enjoy!!!

Rebecca said...

Every year I say I want that nativity too, but every year it is too expensive to buy along with all the Christmas stuff. Congratulations on a GREAT deal!